Monday, April 30, 2012

Retro '71


Welcome back to another edition of Retro '71. This week’s design is my second homage to the lakes and lagoons of the Walt Disney World Resort. The last concept I designed honored the Seven Seas Lagoon so for this week’s concept, I honor Bay Lake.




The concept behind the design is a tongue-in-cheek, retro-inspired shirt for a fictitious boating club to which the Walt Disney World Resort offered membership in the early 70's. Using retro-style art and fonts that evoke both sailing and typography from the 70's, paired with a color palette that plays off the first design, the shirt is a perfect tribute to leisure activities the resort offered.


Well that does if for this week’s concept. I'm still working on the Orange Bird feltie patterns and the second installment of our Main Street USA typography case study. Tune in soon for those fun posts and I hope all of you have a great week.