Sunday, March 11, 2012

Retro '71


Welcome back to another edition of Retro '71. Can you believe since I started Designerland this concept makes the 44th tee shirt design to be showcased. That's a lot of shirts. Needless to say I have about another 30 that are already done and waiting in the wings. I'm really excited to showcase some of my other concepts I have floating around in my head.

For this weeks design I was inspired by vintage Disney vinyl. To be more specific Walt Disney World's Electrical Water Pageant album art. There's nothing mind blowing about this weeks design in terms of concept. I simply recreated the album art as close to the original. . .one of the display fonts was either hand created or lost in time because I couldn't track it down and had to swap it out for a House Industries font. I feel the House Industries font comes pretty close in style.




Finishing the design off I used some new textures I made that have an old ink/block print look to them.



In the end it only took 3 hours (hey, I had to do bit of font hunting) and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Yet another shirt that I'd be more than happy to drop 30 bucks on if I saw it in the parks. So what do you guys think? Well tune in next week, I promise those Main Street Typography Case Studies will be happening soon, just have to finish up some other fun projects outside Designerland.
As always thanks for stopping by and see you soon!