Sunday, August 14, 2011

Retro '71

 

This week’s Retro '71 concept concludes the faux real estate/land development companies used to purchase the land for the Walt Disney World Resort.


Our final design is for Reedy Creek Ranch Incorporated. The name is a play on the Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID) which played a huge roll in the history of the Walt Disney World Resort (don't worry folks—I have a proper RCID shirt in the wings). The logo was inspired by the name of the company, but is very different from the minimalist official RCID logo. I took a more western theme to coincide with the word “ranch”.  The color palette is a simple monochromatic color scheme in washed out reds. Finishing the design, I used a distressed texture to help give it a worn look.


Well that does it for this week’s concept. I hope you enjoyed this fun and imaginative series within the Retro '71 apparel line, but before we go, I've been asked if I ever use more than a simplistic one-color scheme for my designs. Well I dream in technicolor, so here's my vision in color for these last 6 shirts. Thanks for tuning in, and see you guys either at the D23 Expo or shortly after. Have a great week!