Sunday, March 13, 2011

Retro 71


This week’s Retro 71 concept is based on one of the early Walt Disney World Resort logos. The logo depicts Cinderella Castle, the Contemporary Resort with the Monorail, and a sailboat, which I assume is sailing on either the Seven Seas Lagoon or Bay Lake. I've always enjoyed this logo, and I fell even more in love with it when 2719 Hyperion posted the logo as a desktop wallpaper download back in 2007. The color palette that designer Dan Cunningham used was simply amazing.


Using the wallpaper, I recreated the logo in illustrator, put a few outer strokes on it so that it could stand alone, and added some distressing and texture. I think it reads well in t-shirt form, what do you guys think? 


 Well that does it for this week’s concept. Come back soon for more vintage vacation apparel, typography from the parks and our new feature, the wonderful world of kuler. Thanks for dropping by.