Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Retro '71













I was going to wait until Sunday to post a brand new Retro '71 Concept but how could I not celebrate our Independence Day with out some Theme Park apparel love???




This quick (and I do mean quick) design is based on the Disneyland grand finale promotional material for America on Parade from September 12, 1976.  I changed up the copy to a basic celebratory holiday phrase. I also made a counter part for the Walt Disney World Resort.  I couldn't find a display font that really matched the copy from the original promo material, so I opted for a bottom-heavy display font from that era. If I had more time I would of hand created it but like I said this was a last minute concept/post.



Of course no shirt is complete with out some vintage wear and tear! Well that does it for this special bonus concept. I hope all of you have a safe and fun Fourth of July and tune back in this Sunday for my first Disneyland shirt concept. I'm really excited about it and I hope all of you who have been asking where are my Disneyland concepts will enjoy it. See you all soon!