Sunday, August 14, 2011

Retro '71

 

This week’s Retro '71 concept concludes the faux real estate/land development companies used to purchase the land for the Walt Disney World Resort.


Our final design is for Reedy Creek Ranch Incorporated. The name is a play on the Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID) which played a huge roll in the history of the Walt Disney World Resort (don't worry folks—I have a proper RCID shirt in the wings). The logo was inspired by the name of the company, but is very different from the minimalist official RCID logo. I took a more western theme to coincide with the word “ranch”.  The color palette is a simple monochromatic color scheme in washed out reds. Finishing the design, I used a distressed texture to help give it a worn look.


Well that does it for this week’s concept. I hope you enjoyed this fun and imaginative series within the Retro '71 apparel line, but before we go, I've been asked if I ever use more than a simplistic one-color scheme for my designs. Well I dream in technicolor, so here's my vision in color for these last 6 shirts. Thanks for tuning in, and see you guys either at the D23 Expo or shortly after. Have a great week!


7 comments:

  1. The color selections are amazing! You should include them whenever you have the chance. I know, I know - more work for you. But, if you already have the monochromatic and the multi-color done, why not? I think you're going to get a huge response from fans loving the multi-color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Do you think there would be a demand for them or that they fans would want buy them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, seeing the full-color set, I'd want all of them. It's a great series. And Disney geeks love having something that only the elite would recognize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, yeah I love the full color set as well. Glad to hear you like them. My concepts are totally "kitsch niche" but I believe there IS a demographic out there for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog (a link from Tom Bricker - Disney Tourist Blog). I love you retro designs! Our family would definately be interested in these. I will be watching for the chance to purchase one.

    ReplyDelete